Friday, May 30, 2014

Welcome to Otyugh Talk!

Hello Friends,

Otyugh Talk is a gaming interview blog where I'll ask a wide spectrum of the hobby – fans and gamers, store owners and podcasters, and game designers and artists – three questions about their experience with role-playing games.

Why three questions? Well, we're all busy folks and I though what would be the best way to actually get a response from busy people: I know, limit it to three questions!

What three questions to ask, however, is the hard part.

How do I boil down an interview to the best three questions to ask?

Should I use the same questions for everyone?

Will the questions be profound or do they even have to be?

Should I choose questions that aren't the usual run-of-the-mill ones?

So much to think about.

First, I'm going to avoid the usual "how did you get into gaming?" and "what was your first game?" type questions.

Second, I'm not going to ask everyone the same questions, so that means I have to brainstorm a lot of questions. Sure, I'll get lazy and repeat some questions but if I come up with 100 questions then I think that's a good start.

And finally, I'm going to not worry about "profound" or "best" questions. Let someone else do that. I'm just a simple Otyugh.

So I brainstormed and brainstormed and brainstormed.

And I wrote and wrote and wrote.

And now I've got a whole bunch of questions I'd like to know about other peoples' game experiences.

And I've got a list of gamers to ask.

Over the next few weeks and months, I'll contact them with these three questions. And maybe, just maybe, they'll write back with some answers.

Check back into the blog to see what comes....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.