Friday, June 20, 2014

[Interview #3] AGC Mags, All Games Considered

Our third interview is with one of the hosts of All Games Considered. AGC won the 2009 Ennie Best Podcast Gold Award and the 2010 Ennie Best Podcast Silver Award.

I've been a listener of AGC for a long, long time. It's one of my first gaming podcasts.

I don't remember exactly when Mags joined the cast (and, quite frankly, I didn't want to waste a question on that). But what's that matter? She's fit seamlessly into the show and contributed greatly to it's success.

Mags added fresh new segments to the repertoire of the podcast, and soon The Mags the Axe School of GMing (School Slogan: "You must taste blood to be a GM") and the recipe-laden RPG Buffett ("Playing games with our food since 2004") became fan favorites. I, as a fan, heartily recommend them.

Mags is also active in the online gaming forum community, serving as one of the Mods over at RPG.net, and is heavily involved in Louisville's sci-fi and fantasy convention, ConGlomeration.

On with the interview!



Otyugh Talk: What other podcasts, besides your own, do you listen to and what have you learned from their format that you've incorporated into your podcast?

AGC Mags: I haven't been listening to anything but Welcome to Nightvale (sic) lately, but in the past I've listened to TWiT, the Jennisodes, and Atomic Array.  I have several episodes of Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff to listen to.

What have I learned?  The importance of really, truly listening to your guests and not anticipating or thinking ahead to the next stage of the conversation.

[Ed. Atomic Array and Jennisodes are favorite podcasts with the Otyughs. I will have to check out the other three. Thanks for the recommendations.]

OT: Have you ever turned a rules lawyer into an asset?

AM: Yes.  I designated him my Werewolf: the Apocalypse Rules Judge in a Classic WoD Crossover LARP. He was brilliant in the role.

OT: How would you incorporate an Otyugh into your current campaign?

AM: I wouldn't, since (a) I don't run D&D, (b) I'm not currently running a campaign, and (c) I never saw anything appealing about that creature.

[Ed. Oh, the humanity!]



Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, Mags!

And thank you, gentle Readers, for joining us today. Check back for more interviews. Announcements to come on my Twitter feed (see sidebar)!

Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.