Tuesday, July 15, 2014

[Interview #10] Erik Tenkar, Tenkar's Tavern blog

Tenkar's Tavern is one of the OSR blogs and has been around since 2008.

Erik Tenkar writes the blog and, over the past couple of years, has posted on average over three times a day. That's a feat for a gaming blog.

And his stuff is good. Like making OSR monsters unique and a useless magic item. I was, however, disappointed with no Otyugh mention in dungeon potty tricks, but I don't hold grudges.

Check out Tenkar's Tavern, you won't regret it.

And now, on with the interview with Erik!



Otyugh Talk: Have you ever GMed a game where you gave each PC everything they wanted and more problems for the PCs came from it?

Erik Tenkar: Never happened. The closer I've come to giving PCs what they truly wanted, they've always found they've wanted more. It's like a never ending trip around the hamster wheel.

OT: What original tools do you use at the table when you play with your group?

ET: These days, 100% of my gaming is via G+ Hangouts / Roll20, so much of my tools are those new fangled "virtual" tools. So really, there isn't much in the way of "original tools" that I introduce to my gaming sessions, unless it's silly accents. The accents probably annoy more than they entertain, but there you have it ;)

[Ed. my group uses G+ hangouts and Roll20 and they work really well together.]

OT: We have original and Neo Otyughs. What other forms of Otyughs would you make?

ET: I'd probably add Neon Otyughs and Pastel Otyughs - just think of the color combinations :)

[Ed. The dreaded Pastel Otyugh will have to appear in one of my games now]



Erik, thank you for taking the time with Otyugh Talk.

More interviews to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately, due to spam, I have set up comment moderation. I will review and approve your comment as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.